POLICY ON WEARING MASKS / FACE COVERINGS ON CAMPUS (COVID-19)
Maintaining the safety, health and well-being of our students, teachers and staff, has been UNAM’s first priority. For these reasons, we will implement COVID safety protocols for our campus.
- The use of COVID-19 related facial masks is required indoors by those who are vaccinated as well as persons not vaccinated. Masks will also be required outdoors in group settings and when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Masks should only be removed when alone in a private office or living space, or while eating (6 feet social distancing must be maintained while eating). Please be reminded that masks are not a substitute for social distancing.
- While UNAM San Antonio will not require proof of vaccination, we remind everyone about our collective commitment to shared responsibility to ensure the safety of coworkers and students.
- This policy is not intended to conflict with requirements for health care settings.
- This policy strongly encourages everyone to continue following CDC guidelines related to other COVID-19 provisions such as social distancing and regular handwashing.
- Persons who are feeling ill, regardless of their vaccination status, should isolate themselves from others until all symptoms have passed for 24-hours, get clinically evaluated and tested for COVID-19.
- UNAM San Antonio expects everyone to abide by the provisions of this policy, whether vaccinated or not.
- UNAM San Antonio expects everyone to abide by the provisions of this policy. Individuals found in willful violation of this will be subject to disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal or termination.